July 05, 2012

Denver dining project: May and June


Round up of the new-to-me restaurants I visited in Denver recently:

Sienna Wine Bar
This is a cute little spot around the corner from where I take Pilates! Best way to follow up a workout is with a glass of wine and some appetizers, right? It was empty, so we didn't have to wait for our wine (Moscato for Tilo, Jill and I) or food. We just got some small bites to share, which were fine. I don't remember if they were good or bad, so I guess the food was alright!

Lowry Beer Garden
Max and I rode our bikes here over Memorial Day Weekend and we loved the fun new concept. It's an outdoor pavilion next to Hangar 2 in Lowry with lots and lots of beer and tasty food, too. We got burgers and beer (the food lines were long) and sat at the community tables. I'm curious to see what they do with the space in the winter!

Thin Man
I'm not sure I have ever been here, but it was hopping on a Saturday night! I was out celebrating a friend's bachelorette party and we stopped here after dBar for a late-night cocktail. Definitely try one of the infused vodkas with soda - you'll really be able to taste the flavor without a sugary mixer like coke or juice!

Bluefin Sushi
After a long weekend of packing and moving, Max and I tried out this sushi spot in Stapleton Town Center. I happen to be very picky about sushi, and this didn't really cut it. The service was really slow (even though it wasn't busy) and the food was pretty basic, as far as sushi goes. Oh well!

Daily Scoop
Also close to Pilates, Jill, Kim and I went here before class one night - in the 100+ degree heat, we felt we deserved a treat! I don't think I had ever eaten custard before, but it tasted similar to fro-yo and was delicious. I want to go back and try their frozen chocolate-dipped bananas!

Oblio's Pizza and Neighbors Bar
I'm going to count these as one visit, since they're right around the corner from each other and our new favorite date night spot! Located near our hose in Park Hill, Oblio's serves delicious pizza (preceded by amazing breadsticks), and Neighbors is an adorable wine bar that's just perfect for a summer night. Absolutely going back to both!

No comments:

Post a Comment