June 20, 2012

We bought a house!


After six months of looking at what feels like every house in Denver, we finally, finally closed on our home last week! What followed was an insane 72 hours of packing, moving, assembling and organizing. Thank goodness for my family who helped us a TON! 

Highlights:
*There is not a single box left in the house itself. The garage is another story...
*Our new Ikea bed has tons of storage and fits perfectly in our room!
*One set of next door neighbors are absolutely awesome and I think our puppies will be great fence-friends.
*We have a dumpster! I never thought I would be excited about this, but when you have that much moving trash, it helps!
*Flowers, wine, and housewarming presents from friends, family and our realtor!

Lowlights:
*I measured all 9 windows incorrectly, which meant a second trip to Home Depot to get them re-cut - only after we each had a meltdown about it.
*We moved during the hottest two days of the year so far. Did I mention we don't have air-conditioning?
*It took two trips to Ikea to get the bed (not a nearby destination)!
*I got stung by a bee in the front yard - boo!

We can't wait to settle in and start making this little brick bungalow ours! I'm already learning so, so much about being a homeowner and we're loving our new neighborhood so far. Excited to host lots of dinners and parties in the near future (after we get some air conditioning)!

No comments:

Post a Comment