February 21, 2012

My Denver dining project


One of my New Year's Resolutions was to try at least one new restaurant/bar/coffee shop per month. I get so sucked into my favorite restaurants and dishes (Starbucks for coffee, Racine's for breakfast, Whole Foods for lunch, the Tavern for drinks and Steubens for dinner) that I wanted to force myself to branch out! So far, I am not having a problem, in fact I should probably scale it back since it looks like I might be going out TOO much!

January: 
Went to Ignite Fire-Crafted Food in LoDo for dinner with a big group. It was clearly the place to be for big groups, there were lots of 10+ tables. Our waiter was new and nervous but decent, same with the food! Nothing special but decent nonetheless.

Headed to Beatrice and Woodsley on the trendy Broadway strip for drinks with the girls. I absolutely loved their creative happy hour cocktails. Read more about that on my friend Jill's blog.

We finally got around to trying Jack & Grill (the location up north, not on Federal) with another couple after a comedy show in Westminster. No, we did not order the famous 7lb burritto. I thought the food was fine, but nothing special  -- just normal Mexican food!

February:
We got a Groupon from my sister for Christmas to try 730 South in Bonnie Brae. I had the Anaheim scrambler and Max had the eggs benedict. The food (and bottomless mimosas) were great, but I didn't love the atmosphere. To me, it seemed like an upscale Village Inn.

I finally got to try Hutch & Spoon in the RiNo district and it lived up to my expectations! It's a little out of my way (30th and Larimer) but I got to pop in for lunch on my Monday off. I had a turkey + cranberry compote sandwich on the fluffiest sourdough bread and one of their homemade sodas (passionfruit/vanilla), which was super yummy! I want to go back and try their breakfast - Belgian waffles and a cappuccino? Yes, please!

March is looking busy already with two Denver Restaurant Week reservations already made, both for places I've never been. I also want to seek out a local coffee shop to try. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment