June 17, 2014

The $100 question

I recently received a $100 rebate from my contact lenses and you would have thought I won the lottery! I got giddy just thinking about the fun things I could buy with $100. 

Since it came in the form of a Visa gift card, there wasn't the guilt-factor of putting a check into savings. Sure, I could have spent it on gas or at the grocery store, but I thought I'd use it to treat myself to a few of my favorite things instead. Here's what I got with $100:



$42 - Pedicure + tip at Sweet Life Nail Bar
$19 - A spiralizer (for zoodles) from Amazon 
$14 - Two bottles of my favorite cheap wine from Argonaut
$12 - Iced lattes + croissants for two at Starbucks  
$7 - Green juice from Pressery
$6 - Peonies from Trader Joe's

So, here's my $100 question for you: what would you with $100? Head to a nicer restaurant for dinner? Buy your groceries at a gourmet market? Buy a pair of shoes? Not spend it in any particular way, just here and there? I think it's fascinating what different people do with their money (fun money or otherwise).

I'd love to know what you'd do with $100 if it dropped in to your lap! Leave your comment below; maybe I'll even feature your answers on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment