January 06, 2014

Olympics party ideas

What is it about the Olympics that keeps us coming back every two years? Especially those who aren't athletic or barely even watch televised sports at all (me included)? I think it's because everyone dreams a little bit of being up there on the podium, gold medal in hand, wiping away tears as your anthem is played. I always wanted to be an Olympic figure skater, what about you?

I'm counting down the days to the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. USA! USA! USA! I'd like to try and make it more of a social event this year, instead of holing up in sweats on my couch for 18 days. Whether inviting friends over for an Opening Ceremony watch party or heading to a bar to watch the USA take on the world on the hockey finals - I'm hoping to celebrate these Olympics in the company of others!

Here's a little idea for an America vs. Russia opening ceremony party, complete with American snacks and Russian beverages:



























I should also note that with an American gal and a Canadian guy in my house, the rivalry will be at an all time high should Team USA be pitted against Team Canada.

Only 30 days to go! Until Sochi starts, I'll be biding my time by watching my favorite Olympic-themed movie, The Cutting Edge.


Parlez-vous Olympics! GO USA!!



1 comment:

  1. They definitely deserve applause for the nice selection of drinks here. After noticing some yummy bar bites strewn about on the tables we headed for dinner.
    Wedding location in Chicago

    ReplyDelete