January 04, 2013

Glittered wedding initials DIY


We are in full-on wedding mode over here. Less than two months until we say "I do" and there are DIY projects happening left and right.

I saw these glittered cake toppers on Ruffled and knew I wanted something similar for our dessert table. Since we already have a vintage cake-topper, I thought standing initials would be a festive alternative.

I found these cardboard letters at Paper Source for just a few dollars! Luckily the M and T both stand up independently.

Now, obviously I didn't want kraft-paper brown - this is a glittery wedding after all! I enlisted my sister to painstakingly apply about three square inches worth of glue and glitter at a time to each letter (plus the & sign). Be sure to get the "fine" glitter.

It took about 90 minutes to get everything good and glittered, with no cardboard showing through.

Don't forget to finish with a layer of spray epoxy so the glitter doesn't scatter too much!

See more ideas I have for our upcoming winter wedding on my Pinterest board.

No comments:

Post a Comment