April 30, 2012

Denver dining project March and April

Still going strong on my resolution to try new places in Denver instead of relying on my old favorites! Here are the new-to-me dining spots I tried:

March:

Trillium
Went to Trillium for Restaurant Week with the girls, and it was tasty! I had this amazing beet ravioli, where the beet made up the ravioli (instead of noodles) and was stuffed with goat cheese. Yum! I liked the atmosphere and they even had a "Riesling of the month," which I appreciated!

Strings
Max and I had a little date night at Strings, which has been around forever. It was busy busy doe to Denver Restaurant Week. While the service was great and the food was equally good, I didn't love the atmosphere. It felt a little stale, like they had not updated anything since the early 90s. Also, I am pretty sure we were the youngest people there!

Steak n Shake
Bree and I went to try out CO's newest burger chain, Steak n Shake, now that the crowds have died down! I had a regular cheeseburger with fries and a chocolate milkshake! I will say it was a lot cheaper than I expected! I think I like 5 Guys' burgers better, but Steak n Shake does have milkshakes, and 5 Guys doesn't! It's a little far from my house so I don't think I will be going there a whole lot!


St. Mark's Coffeeshop
Met Kim for coffee and a cookie one morning after Pilates! It's a cute little coffee shop in Uptown and a great place to sit outside and chat on a nice day!


April

Avenue Grill
Great sign!
Everyone is always raving about how great the happy hour is at Avenue Grill, so I made Max meet me after a particular stressful day at work! I think it might be a little fancy for us - and while my martini was delicious, I did not think it was anything special!

Rackhouse Pub
Max and I met Megan & Jon here for happy hour one night after work. Despite the fact that it took me an hour to get there it was worth the rush hour drive to Second and Kalamath! I of course had the signature Stranahan's whiskey and coke and also indulged in a side portion of their baked mac-n-cheese, which was to die for! So, so rich and delicious. It's definitely a "guy spot" but I would totally go back.

North
I have been wanting to try North forever and when I learned they have a $9 lunch special, it was the perfect opportunity to check it out on the cheap! It definitely lived up to my expectations! My chicken sandwich was great and we were in-and-out in less than an hour, perfect for a quick lunch!

Pinche Tacos
Jill has been raving about Pinche Tacos off Colfax for months so I knew I was going to like it! Tilo and I sat at the community table and enjoyed cheap beers (Modelo) and flavorful tacos (steak and queso). I was too full to try the churros, but they smelled so good - definitely going to go back here.

Now that I read the whole list it seems like I might go out too much. It's a good price to pay for living in a foodie city like Denver!


No comments:

Post a Comment