February 03, 2015

My impromptu capsule wardrobe



Image via Chelsea Francis

Have you heard of (or tried) doing a capsule wardrobe? Lots of bloggers are taking part by selecting a small amount of clothing items to remix and wear over and over throughout a season. Though I love a good closet edit, I wasn't planning on participating. But due to some home remodeling that has most of my wardrobe in storage through the end of February, I found myself participating in an impromptu, month-long capsule!

Here are my items:

Clothes:
1 pair of dark jeans
3 pairs of black leggings/tights
1 blue/grey tunic dress
1 long tan and white striped sweater
1 long sleeve black and white striped henley
1 black tank
2 cardis (black and white floral and plain black)

Outerwear:
1 navy heavy coat
1 black faux-leather jacket
1 pair of gloves

Shoes:
2 pairs of flats (both patterned Toms)
2 pairs of boots (black booties and snowboots)
1 pair of tennis shoes

Other:
2 pairs of workout pants
2 workout shirts
1 pair of PJs
7 sets of undies and socks
2 bras
3 pairs of earrings

With the exception of the coats and shoes, all of this fits into a carry on sized suitcase. To be honest, I wish I had one thicker sweater (it's been cold) and a few more accessories (necklaces and scarves). But, I packed with the intention of being without a full closet for about a week.

Besides that, I sort of love the idea of only having a few curated options. It makes getting dressed super easy and I don't think anyone has noticed that I'm wearing the same few items over and over.

At this point, I can barely remember the wardrobe pieces I am missing! I think I'll try to keep as few items as possible on hand moving forward (especially now that I'll be sharing a closet with my hubby)!

Would you ever try a capsule wardrobe?

No comments:

Post a Comment