July 06, 2014

Farmer's market flowers

We had thee best fourth of July weekend: great food, a festive neighborhood parade, family dinners and fireworks, naturally! We also sneaked up to the Boulder farmer's market with our friends, where I picked up this gorgeous wildflower bouquet for only $10! 




I decided to play florist and rearrange that big bouquet into a few smaller ones. First, I deconstructed the larger bouquet and separated the flowers by color. 


Then, I cut the stems to fit the smaller mason jars and arranged the blooms!


I placed one jar full of wildflowers in the bedroom, one bouquet on the front porch and a pretty bunch on the dining table, for good measure. 


I'm going to need a weekly trip to our local farmer's market just for flowers! I sure do love having fresh flowers in the house, don't you? 

Get more flower arranging ideas from my friend Like a Latte, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment